8.28.2011

we should get jerseys, cause we make a good team.

music. i talk about music more than i talk about cowboys on this blog. okay, so not really, but close. back when i was a youngin, at the age of twelve, my friend trent introduced me to a band called relient k. i remember the exact moment i heard the first song, and what song it was. relient k kind of struck a heart string. it was the time in my life where i still listened to whatever my parents played so i didn't really know what music i liked. relient k was really the first band i ever loved. since the day trent burned me the first CD, relient k has been my all time favorite band. they arnt country, shocking i know. but i didn't always used to love country. relient k has been there for me through every hard time. i know its cheesy, but its true. the words they sing have always made me feel better. i think angie will back me up on this, but relient k was our band of choice during junior high. i know the words to every one of their song. a relient k song holds the record for the most played song on my ipod. i think you get the point, relient k is my favorite. i will forever and always love relient k, and they will always be my ultimate favorite band. the first concert i ever attended was a relient k concert, and it was unbelievably amazing. it was even on my birthday which made it even more perfect. i remember being in the front row, next to the stage watching matthew thiessen sing and getting chills all over. best concert of my entire life.

P.S. they sing a song that is ten minutes long, and it makes me cry. its such a powerful song. when they sang this song in concert, the whole entire audience went absolutely silent, and we all sang this song together acapella. it was the best concert experience of my life. i will never forget that moment. i still get chills four years later thinking about it. 
 5:15 is where it starts to get really good.

blah, blah, blah. who am i kidding, none of you are going to listen to it anyway.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

amen. to all of this.
relient k has always been there for me too. i know exactly how you feel.