9.19.2011

this one time i wrote a paper for school...

I’m usually the shy girl in the background of the scene. I have strong opinions, but most of the time I’m too quiet to share it with others. I don’t like being the center of attention and try to avoid it at all costs. I wish that I could break out of my shell and not be shy, but it’s my security blanket that’s holding me back. I trust easily, and give second chances out like they are candy. This sometimes is a disadvantage because I tend to let people walk on me without noticing. I may be quiet and shy, but once I feel safe around a person, I really open up and show my true colors. I like to be understood. I like when people know what I’m thinking, yet, I often try to hide my feelings. I love to listen to others, but sometimes wish people would listen to me more closely. I speak sarcasm like it is my second language, and have a witty sense of humor. I don’t have many friends, but the ones I do have, I keep close to my heart. I’d rather have 5 best friends than 100 acquaintances. When I love, I love hard. When I say I love someone, I mean it. If there is one thing I pray I never lose, it’s my hope. Without hope, I think I’d be lost. I do have a bit of a wild side, which only my closest friends know of. To the world I look like a reserved lady, but on the inside I’m really just a wild child. I find that I am happiest when I am doing something nice for others. I’d rather be helping a stranger, than shopping for myself. I try to be selfless, not selfish. When it comes down to it, I’m just a normal girl trying to find her spot in this messed up world. I get closer every day. I love to set goals for myself, and I don’t stop until I achieve them. The best feeling in the world is accomplishing a goal I’ve set. Sometimes I live in the past, and I hold onto my memories with all that I've got. I have an unhealthy love for the country and cowboys. Nobody will ever understand my obsession. I wish it was easier to share my feelings, but I don’t think anyone truly knows what makes me tick. I know I put on a tough outer shell, but I’m not as tough as I seem. I’m waiting to find the person that isn’t afraid to break into my shell. I like boys that are tall, respectful, funny and kind. I will not settle for less than I deserve and I learn from every one of my mistakes. I’m striving every day to become a better person, but it’s an uphill battle. I’m Miss Melia and I’m happy with who I am.

No comments: