good thing its time for fill in the blank friday, because i have nothing to blog about. its been quite an uneventful week. and this weekend is about to be as uneventful as the week was. oh well i'd rather be bored than busy. disneyland is getting closer & closer. im getting excited. im really trying to stop swearing. little do you know, i have a potty mouth. i use the word poop a lot now because i don't know what else to use. i have a really vast vocabulary, as you can tell. uhhh also. i wish i could win the lottery today. did you know the jackpot is the biggest it's ever been in history? 600,000,000 smackaroos. i'd die if i won. too bad i didn't buy a lottery ticket, because im feeling lucky today.
1. My greatest strength is remembering people. i can recall pretty much every face ive ever come in contact with and where i've seen them. maybe its more of a super power, than strength. but im really good at remembering everything.
2. My greatest weakness is chocolate. actually im super shy & im not a people person.
3. People always compliment me on well i don't get many compliments. (im not fishing for them right now either) but a lot of people tell me how great it is that im taking my education so seriously this young and that i have a lot of goals set for myself.
4. If you found me procrastinating you'd probably find me on tumblr. i waste my life on that website. sorry, i probably wont give out the link to my tumblr. tumblr is like another bloging website, but cooler. i have 1065 followers on tumblr. not saying that blogger isnt amazing...
5. The most cozy place in all the world issitting in a camp chair around a fire. its heaven people, im tellin ya.
6. Something new that I tried recently was applying for jobs. it freaking sucks, im tellin ya. a nursing home is NOT where i want to work, but i have to do it.
7. This weekend I would like to get my closest friends, go up in the mountains and have a fire. or go four wheeling. or go camping. or go fishing. but none of those are happening.
im not going to post the rules because we already know them.
picture of myself.
oh hi. that's me.
11 facts about myself.
1. when people call me hick or redneck or whatever, i take it as a compliment.
2. i've met matthew lewis from harry potter. AKA neville longbottom.
ive also met the weasley twins. not joking.
3. i've been scuba diving in the bahamas. i also spent the week at the atlantis resort.
4. i cried when jason aldean came on stage at his concert.
i couldn't even sing his first song because i was so emotional.
5. i want to get married in july. my fiance better plan accordingly.
6. costa vida is my life blood. i crave it constantly.
i also love to eat out & hate to cook.
7. the best trip ive been on was to washington dc.
8. i think i have legit anxiety problems.
9. ive got more pet peeves than i can count or remember. basically everything annoys me.
like when people take pictures off tumblr and put them on pinterest.
or when people use hash tags on facebook. #shut up.
10. i love to drive. i love to go on drives. i love to drive around in the car with no place to go.
drive, drive drive, i love it.
the 11 questions i am supposed to answer:
1. what is your favorite animal?
i don't really like animals. im allergic to most.
but i do want a dog and i am going to name it diesel.
2. who is your hero and why?
jordan huff. he is severely disabled and he doesn't let it hold him back from doing anything. he is more of an example to me than he will ever know.
3. what is your least favorite food?
peas & licorice. i gag when i smell either of them.
4. if you had one day to live what would you do?
i would gather all of my closest friends and we would go four wheeling, shooting, hiking or whatever in the mountains. then we would end the day by sitting around a campfire talking and eating s'mores.
5. if you could morph 2 animals together what would they be?
a pig & cow. cause then i would be able to eat lots of meat.
6. what is your favorite song?
right now its indian summer by brooks & dunn or
troubadour by george strait.
7. what is your biggest fear?
chainsaws, mice, getting alzheimers and never getting married.
8. if you could only say one sentence the rest of your life what would it be and why?
be nice to each other. because the world is a mean place and a lot of people have corks up their butts.
9. what is your favorite number?
88. nascar for days.
10. what bugs you the most?
haha everything bugs me. some of them are listed above.
stupid people, slow drivers, girls that play dumb on purpose.
and i know it sounds rude, but i hate when people tell me what to do.
11. are you a night owl or an early bird?
night owl. the later at night, the more fun it gets.
sometimes at night i lay in bed and stare at the ceiling. for hours.
moving to logan makes me feel like im having a funeral for my own life.
i can't leave this place. ive lived here for 18 years.
i cant leave these people. i love them.
i cant leave these memories. they've shaped me to who i am today.
and those are the thoughts that spin in circles in my head every night, over & over again.
today i ventured out to the town of lehi. one can only guess why i was there.
who am i joking, everyone knows why i was in lehi.
i was at kolton's house.
did i tell you that i hadn't seen kolton in months? today was the first time i had seen him in a while.
and it was great.
the poor mister got his wisdom teeth removed from his skull, and i thought it was necessary that i brought him a smoothie. he requested the strawberry banana smoothie from mcdonalds. his wish is my command. he didn't want to do anything but lay on the couch and watch the news. well, he also played some call of duty. but thats alright, he can do that when he has surgery.
as i was leaving kolt's house, i had my hands on my hips. i walked passed kolton's dad and this was our conversation, jim: that's how people in relief society stand. are you in relief society? me: no, i never want to be in relief society. jim: here, let me see your arms for a minute so i lift up my arm and he took his hand and flapped (SUCH a gross word) my triceps around.
ya know, what people call relief society arms?
jim: oh my gosh you've got relief society arms. and he started to laugh at me.
me: i go to the gym every day and lift weights.
and then i walked out the door and went home.
oh, how i love that house. jim was joking by the way.
anyway, so sue me. i went to lehi to see mister kolton. i hadn't seen him in a while and i missed him. plus, he had gotten surgery and when a friend is in need, i come to the rescue. it was good to see him & catch up.
i have loved this song since the day it came out. its just now getting popular, but its such a great song.
fun fact about the song springsteen.
it was mine and kolton's song. it still is our song.
every time i hear it, it brings me right back to the summer i spent with him. every time i hear that song, i think about riding in his truck next to him and spending every day with him. i love this song for so many reasons.
the chorus of the song goes,
" when i think about you, i think about seventeen. i think about my old jeep, think about the stars in the sky. funny how a melody, sounds like a memory. like the soundtrack to a july saturday night."
this song fits us perfectly because
#1 we both met when we were seventeen.
#2 we met in july, and spent every saturday night together.
#3 we used to spend a lot of time on his front lawn looking at stars.
#4 the lyrics say, "my old jeep" but kolt drives a ford. when we sing this song, we change the lyrics so it says "do you think about my old ford"
it makes the song a lot more personal for us.
i love music that brings back memories. this album was the soundtrack to our july saturday nights.
we drove down to the lake, with nothing better to do. there we ran into two random guys that we had met once or twice before. they weren't considered our friends but we stopped to talk to them anyway. within thirty minutes we were heading out to the desert to have a fire with them.
truth be told, those boys really sucked at starting fires, and we never got one started. we tried for 45 minutes.
me & angie started to laugh at ourselves, because we were wasting our time with two guys we didn't know trying to start a fire. just as me and angie were about to leave, one of the boys said he owned some horses.
welp, that was enough to get mine and angie's attention and off we went to his property.
riding horses at midnight is one of the best ideas ever.
it turned out to be a pretty great night.
and you know what, we might not have known those guys very well, but we made some new friends tonight.
after we left, this is what one of the guys texted me.
boy: you know what?
boy: your gorgeous :)
2. My home decor color palette includes i dont have my own house but around here momma uses a lot of earth tones. .
3. Other people always tell me I look good in the color peach. you should see my closet. it is color coordinated and peach takes up most of the space .
4. The color I detest is orange. its such harsh color. i also dont like yellow much.
5. If you were to look in my closet most of the colors you'd see would bewhite, pink and peach. im a very pastel type of person. nothing too wild for me.
6. A color that I simply cannot pull off no matter how hard I try is yellow. i have super light skin so when i wear yellow i look washed out... i dont like orange either.
7. The color of my favorite dress is well the top half is black, and the bottom half is floral print. like this.
why yes, that is obama's house behind me.
i saw the hunger games last night.
i didn't really know what i was expecting. im not one of those huge book/movie fans that get totally into it. yeah, i really liked the book but im not one to get my panties in a wad if the movie isnt like the book.
overall, i loved the movie. i thought it was great.
when i read the books, i was a peeta fan. but when i saw the movie last night, i decided i was a gale fan. peeta is the biggest pansy and relies on katniss to do all the work. i mean honestly, he needs to grow a pair.
i thought all the actors did a great job and haymitch was perfect.
second, i will have another boy. i will name him carter.
third, i will have a baby girl. i will name her paisley. or avery.
that one is kind of up in the air right now.
and then i won't have any more kids. only three for me.
tomorrow, i am seeing the hunger games at seven. hooray for not missing out on sleep.
tonight, i am going to PPT or otherwise known as, the funnest place in the world.
friday, i am going out to the west desert to have a bonfire with all of the rednecks and eat lots of s'mores and make lots of jokes. nothing makes me more excited than sitting around a campfire in the middle of no where.
momma says i need to start college shopping.
i say id rather die.
the thought of college is terrifying. i dont want to go. the fact that i need to choose a major really stresses me out.
if you've followed my blog for a while or know anything about me, you know that i live, breathe, dream and worship country music. it is my life. you would also know that my love for jason aldean is more than an obsession. a little while ago, i talked about one of his songs called fly over states. a few days ago, the music video came out. when i watched this video for the first time, i got a little teary eyed. i can't think of all the memories i have driving around to this song, singing it at the top of my lungs. i love this man so much. more than i could ever explain. here's the music videos to one of the greatest songs he sings.
im kind of a history junkie, especially when it comes to world war two. when i look at pictures of the past, or in text books, everything is in black and white. it makes it hard for me to imagine what life was really like back then, because there is no color in the pictures. for me, when i think about history, i imagine everything in black and white because thats all i know. its hard to imagine that they had color in their life, because all i see is black and white photographs. do you get what im talking about? maybe im the only one. anyway, this website takes classic black and white photographs and turns them into color pictures. it makes it a lot more surreal, like it actually happened. i enjoyed them a lot. the last picture is my very favorite.
here's my two cents on the GREATEST tv show to ever air.
ive loved the show the walking dead since day one. since the very first episode, ive looked forward to sunday nights at 7. this show, its freaking nuts.
anyway, the finale of season 2 was tonight, and it was unreal. lets talk about what went down.
first. i love rick. he turned into the most BAD A cop around. this is now a ricktatorship.
i almost stood up and applauded him when he was showing the group who's boss.
second. im so glad that scum bag shane is dead. he deserved it from day one.
and im glad that carl was the one that shot him right in the face. so perfect.
third. i about crapped my pants when that hooded creature showed up out of NO WHERE
to save andrea. i mean really, what was that? she had two pet zombies with no arms.
fourth. i love daryl more than any other character on the show. ive got a major crush on him.
im thinking that him and carol should hook up? they go together perfectly after everything that happened with sophia and all of that drama. they should just kiss already.
fifth. i still hate andrea, i wish she would have died in the forest.
sixth. good gosh almighty. rumor has it they are going to bring back merle from the very beginning of the first season?! id die. that redneck would cause so many problems it'd give me a heart attack.
seventh. i really love how they tied the end of season 1 into the end of season 2. pure genius.
im amazed rick kept that a secret the whole time!
eighth. lori is a good for nothing hoe. im pretty sure she is in love with shane? good thing he is dead now. i can't even stand her emotions. rick is so good to her, yet she treats him like dirt.
ninth. PRISON OR BUST!
that last shot of the finale.... so epic. i can't believe its going to be set at a prison next season.
cant freaking wait.
tenth. i love hershel. what a smart man. i really didn't like that ornery old man at first, but now i love him.
the end. i freaking love this show. i hope you all watch it, because it is so intense and amazing.
im so obsessed its not even funny. team rick for life.
i painted my nails. that is probably the most exciting thing ive done all weekend.
(don't mind me looking like a hobo in the back)
they are chevron, the colors i used were white and two different shades of pink.
this webcam picture doesn't do it much justice.
don't be fooled, painting my nails like this was a pain in the butt and ill probably never be doing it again.
there are a few things ive realized this weekend while sitting at home.
1. i love vacumming
2. i really hate those stupid pictures of ryan gosling that say "hey girl" with whatever stupid crap someone typed on them. i especially hate the mormon themed ones.
3. the new pinterest layout/design is garbage.
4. costa vida may possibly the best dang food on this planet.
5. my mom talks to my cat a lot. i think its weird.
6. i might possibly enjoy cleaning
7. there is truly nothing more comfortable than my own bed.
8. im really pissed i missed the miranda lambert & chris young concert last night. i mean seriously. ive missed a lot of good concerts recently and im really itching to go to one.
9. late night bowls of cereal are good for the soul.
10. ive come to terms with myself and im perfectly okay with sitting at home doing nothing for an entire weekend. ive come to realize that i don't have any friends and im fine with that. im sick of all the "pretend" friends in my life and im not going to deal with them anymore.
11. speaking of friends, i can count all of my friends on one finger. me and that friend are going to disneyland together in three weeks. no big deal.
12. i cant wait for the day when me and my significant other can cuddle and watch movies on a stormy day.
13. gerrard butler is super hot and i want to kiss him.
-Post a photo and eleven random things about yourself
-Answer the questions provided by the one who tagged you
-Create eleven new questions for the people you tag
-Contact those you choose and let them know they've been tagged
here i go. this is me.
when i was a wee child of course. ive grown since then thankfully.
1. i can quote talladega nights word for word, but currently my favorite movie is walk the line.
2. i can name every nascar driver and their number in the sprint cup series. (thats 43)
3. im quite scared of mice. those gross little nappy things.
4. im addicted to the smell of alcohol prep pads. seriously, its not good for me.
5. i am not a fan of chinese food, but sometimes i crave the noodles.
6. summer is my favorite season, with fall in second. my entire wardrobe is summer clothes. not kidding.
7. i religiously watch the office & the walking dead
8. ive been to disneyland over fifty times
9. i put cream cheese on wheat thins. its suppaaa good. don't knock it till you try it!
10. my biggest goal in life is to get married. im terribly afraid it will never happen.
11. i kick ace at zelda & super smash bros. my brother taught me the ways. i love to play nintendo.
11 questions i have to answer from carlee.
1. what is your very favorite quote?
"whatever you are, be a good one"
2. if you could kiss any actor, who would it be?
christian bale. he is super hot and i'm sure he's wonderful at kissing.
3. if you could only shop one place your entire life, where would it be and why?
probably old navy or H&M or macy's in california.
4. biggest pet peeve?
i think a shorter list would be "what is not my pet peeve"
i get annoyed so easily.
5. favorite date you've ever been on, and what did you do?
this is easy. kolton took me four wheeling last summer. we had the whole day by ourselves in the middle of no where in absolutely gorgeous scenery. we rode four wheelers, laughed and tried to catch frogs. i fell asleep on his shoulder on the way home and we ended the night by doing fireworks and me wearing his hoodie.
or.. when we went to the tim mcgraw concert together.
6. if you could speak any language besides english, what would it be and why?
french. its a super pretty language and my dream is to go to france with my mom one day.
7. very favorite color right now?
pink or camouflage
8. favorite desert?
i really love shakes from JCW's or cheesecake
9. favorite song/artist?
i really love jason aldean with a passion. i also love george strait, alan jackson, johnny cash, chris ledoux, kenny chesney, tim mcgraw, chris young, justin moore, clay walker & brad paisley.
whew that was a long list.
10. have you been in love?
i was in love once. we dated for six months and my parents called it off for us. i planned on marrying him. he introduced me to nascar and the country life. i am forever grateful for him.
11. you wedding is tomorrow. what are your colors?
different shades of peach, light oranges and light pinks with accents of burlap brown and creme.
my 11 questions for those who are tagged.
1. what is your favorite ride at disneyland and why?
if you've never been to disneyland name your favorite ride at any amusment park.
2. what is your favorite album from your favorite artist
3. would you rather have no arms or no legs
4. if you had to choose a medical profession, what would you do?