6.20.2012

best week ever.

ITS STRAWBERRY DAYS! 
i live for this week.
its a week full of summer fun that my city puts together every june. its famous throughout the entire state of utah, not just for the spectacular strawberries & cream, but because of the even more famous rodeo. 
every night during strawberry days the entire community gathers at the rodeo grounds for the ever-lovin' rodeo. the people around here consider this week a holiday, and it brings the entire community together for one week out of the entire year. my family plans our summer vacations around this week, because it is such a tradition. my church plans girls camp around this week, because its a sin to miss this week. my whole life is planned around strawberry days. i day dream about the rodeo all year, imaging who i'll go with and how much fun i'll have. and now its finally here. tonight is the first night of the rodeo. 
when i walk through that white ticket booth, i know i'm home.
i'll look through the crowd and i'll spot old faces. i'll see people that i've gone to the rodeo with in the past. i'll see my ex boyfriends, i'll see boys i've kissed. i'll see my ex boyfriend who is practically considered a rodeo celebrity. (junior, for all you pleasant grove natives. the fat guy that dances every year)
everyone comes together for one thing, the all american rodeo. 
tonight, i'm going with my two favorite cowboys, kolton & zach. i wouldn't have it any other way. 
bring on the strawberries & cream. i'm ready for tonight. i've only waited a whole year.


1 comment:

Jessica Hutcheson said...

I. AM. RAGING. WITH. JEALOUSY.

CAN I COME WITH YOU NEXT YEAR?