10.14.2012

life lately..

oh i have a blog? sometimes i forget.

my best friend came to visit me at college this week. we had a pretty great night. one of my friends from school took us off roading in his truck late on wednesday night. it took us about 3 hours to drive the whole trail and it ended up being pretty fun. we went star gazing in the mountains, which was absolutely breathtaking. we also got stalked by a mountain lion and hit a deer. it was a pretty wild night.

i came home for a short amount of time this weekend, but honestly i am so glad i did. i met up with a few of my favorite people who i haven't seen in months. it is such a great feeling to know that i still have friends at home even though i live hundreds of miles away from them. it brings me to tears thinking about how much i love my friends from utah county.

i've been having a hard time at college. i love it, i really do. but im having a hard time fitting in, and finding people who accept me for the whole me. i feel like i'm always putting on a fake side of me to impress people, or to make friends. i'm tired of pretending to be someone im not. i want someone to accept me for the nascar loving, country singing, boot wearing, sarcastic person that i am.

last night i went on a date with one of my old friends. i'm glad i met him. sometimes we go a long time with out talking, but every time were together its like nothing ever changed. it was so good to see him and catch up. i can't wipe the smile off my face when im with him. something about those country boys...

OH GOODNESS! if you know me at all, you know i am absolutely head over heels in love with jason aldean. you would know that he has been one of my favorite artists for years. anyway, my boy is coming out with a new album on tuesday. i've already listened to it a few times, and its spectacular. i cant wait to go buy the album at midnight and hold the CD in my hands.

life is good, i am blessed, and i am happy. i am taking the struggles and challenges day by day, but i wouldn't change it for the world.


it was good to see her face on campus this week. always missing my best friend! 

2 comments:

Lexi Hill said...

I think your awesome Melia! I love how your not afraid to say what you feel! And you don't care what others think of you! I defiantly look up to you for both of those qualities! I love your blog and your love for country! Your a way way cute girl! Friends will come along! I'm thinking of attending USU! We can always be friends! (: anyways. your wonderful. keep your chin up pretty girl! good things are comin your way no doubt! (:

p.s I'm glad to know Im not the only one who goes at midnight to buy CD's! Let alone actually wants the physical copy! (:

Hailey said...

you and me too sister.
down at snollege everybody already has their friends and no one wants to get to know me. and everybody be judging.
but if it's any consolation, i find you adorable, and love that we both love nascar, and are obsessed with disney. even though you're a junior fan i still adore you :)